At Native Eyewear, we are committed to protecting your privacy and to developing technology that gives you the most powerful and secure online experience. You can travel through most of our site and digital services without giving us any information about yourself. But sometimes we do need information to provide services that you request, and this statement of privacy explains data collection and use in those situations. Please read the complete nativeyewear.com privacy statement carefully.
2. What Information Native Eyewear Collects
Anonymous information: Our Digital Services capture certain non-personal common technical information automatically. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and computer operating system, device type, application software, time and date you visit or use the Digital Services, and traffic patterns and usage data, such as the pages you access, the address of the website that directed you to the Digital Services or the website you visit when you leave the Digital Services. Native Eyewear uses this information to understand patterns of site activity, including aggregated user demographics, and to improve the Digital Services so they are more useful for you.
Personal Information: The types of personally identifiable information (“PII”) that may be collected on or through the Digital Services include your name, your status (such as whether you are a consumer, student or journalist), mailing address, email address, title or occupation, and telephone number. Additional PII that may be collected on or through the Digital Services includes, but isn’t limited to:
- If you are purchasing a product or service, your credit card number, expiration date and security code.
- If are entering a sweepstake, contest, giveaway or other promotion (each a “Promotion”), your age or birth date.
- If you are applying for employment, your work authorization information, visa status, desired salary, academic level, employment history including salary, and any other information you include on the resume you upload to the Digital Services. You may also choose to provide optional information such as race, gender, and whether you are disabled or your Veteran status.
- If you are participating in a survey, we may ask your gender and age, income, ethnicity, family size and marital status.
- If you are sharing an article or page of the Digital Services with a third party, the third party email address will also be collected.
- If you are using a service, information necessary to provide the service you have requested.
Location Information: We may collect information about your location when you access or use the Digital Services. We may collect information regarding your general location using your IP address. If you access or use the Digital Services from a mobile device, we may collect more precise geolocation information from your mobile device. This information may be used to customize certain features of our Digital Services and to provide you with location-based services. This information may also be used to send push notifications, which appear on the display of your mobile device in the form of a badge, alert or banner, and allow mobile applications to send information to your mobile device even when the application is not in use. For information on how to disable geolocation services and/or push notifications on a mobile device, see Section 7 below regarding your Opt-Out Choices.
3. Purposes of PII Collection
We request PII to provide a service, product or information about Native Eyewear’s products or services or to complete a transaction. Examples include subscribing to newsletters, emailing a friend an article from the Digital Services, entering a Promotion, participating in training, finding an eyecare professional or doctor, distributor, store or sales consultant, providing information regarding vision, vision care and vision correction, applying for employment, purchasing a product or service, completing online surveys, contacting us with questions or comments, or for product registration.
4. Protection of Personal Information Native Eyewear Collects
Although, Native Eyewear cannot promise the use of our Digital Services is completely safe, Native Eyewear uses standard security measures. Native Eyewear urges you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
The Digital Services may contain customer reviews, forums and/or message boards and other Online Content. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when considering the disclosure of your PII. You agree that Native Eyewear is not responsible for material posted by you or others in these public forums.
5. Sharing of PII
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. Native Eyewear may transfer PII to its subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, including future subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Consultants and Service Providers. Native Eyewear will disclose PII to third party consultants and service providers (such as providers of hosting, support, maintenance and remedial, repair services, mail delivery services, evaluation data analysis, data cleansing, order fulfillment and shipping, Promotion administration and fulfillment, advertising, marketing and promotional activities, fraud protection and risk reduction, and payment processing and authorization) to the extent that they require access to the databases, or the PII contained in our databases, to provide services to you or Native Eyewear.
- Joint Promotion Partners. Sometimes we conduct joint promotions with third parties. If you register for one of those joint promotions your information may be collected by both Native Eyewear and the third party. Or, we may give you the option to have us share your information with the promotion partner. Your information will be used by us and/or by them as described in our posted privacy policies.
- Reorganization or Sale of the Company. In the event that Native Eyewear is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that Native Eyewear is sold or it sells all or substantially all of its assets or is otherwise reorganized, the PII Native Eyewear collects will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity.
- Third-Party Marketing. Native Eyewear may share your PII with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- As Otherwise Allowed by Law. Native Eyewear may transfer PII to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so.
6. Parents and Guardians
Our Digital Services are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under the age of 13 has given us information, you can contact us to remove the information.
7. Opt-Out Choices
Emails. You can opt out of receiving future promotional emails from Native Eyewear by following the unsubscribe procedures indicated in each email. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from Native Eyewear, we will send you transaction emails and respond to questions from you.
Tools on Mobile Devices. You can control the tools on your mobile devices. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator or push notification on your phone. Please consult your mobile device’s user guide for instructions on clearing cookies, disabling location services, and disabling push notifications.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) Signals. Native Eyewear does not currently respond to DNT signals but may do so in the future.
8. Accessing and Updating your PII
You may contact us to update your PII. The Native Eyewear may allow you to set up an account and access and update your PII by logging into your account and going to the appropriate section of your account.
9. Consent of data Transfer of Non-U.S. Residents
10. Notice to California Residents - Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide PII in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from Native Eyewear once a calendar year information about the PII we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of PII and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2013 will receive information regarding 2012 sharing activities).
To obtain this information, please contact us, with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
11. Links to Other Websites
12. Contact Native Eyewear to Ask Questions and Provide Feedback Regarding Privacy